Hi-Lift jack adapter

From Vanagon Wiki
Jump to navigation Jump to search

 To use a Hi-Lift type jack on the Vanagon's jack points you need to make some sort of adapter to allow the jack to clear the side panels of the van. There are a couple of ways to do it. One way is to cut off a portion of the stock jack and weld it to some box section steel. The adapter is held in place onthe jack tongue via a 1/2″ SS bolt and Nylock nut. Here are some pictures of this and a dimensioned "drawing".

Img 1125.jpg
Img 1639.jpg
Img 1633.jpg

Another approach is a simple steel rod with a couple of retainign rings welded on to one end, shown Gary Lee's website.

--Albell 05:15, 25 June 2010 (UTC)